View Single Post
      02-28-2018, 08:18 AM   #12
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I treat my E90M3 like a beater. You can buy them for $25k now (though I paid a lot more when I bought mine used 8 years ago). Drive cars you like. Don’t park them to preserve them for their next owner while you drive an economy car. Unless you really prefer driving an economy car.
I would drive the R8 frequently, thus my comment of "6 days a week".

Example: Today its raining. I need to drive downtown for a work meeting, taking an R8 is a chore - parking structures, rainy weather, door dings, etc. Tomorrow I need to pick somebody up from the airport for a couple work meetings. Not a good fit for the R8. Insert the GTI for these duties.

It would not be a garage queen in terms of mileage, or use. My neighbor has an 08 R8 with 3k miles on it!! I see it tucked in his garage... If I have a sweet ride I will find time to get out and drive it (2 hours to go get milk). My other neighbor has a brand new Hurracan that he parks outside and drives his kid to the bus stop - I respect that

Its handy to have a utility car to drive for the instances where I would prefer NOT to drive the R8. There are times I will hop in my wife's SUV from time to time even over the GTS for example, this is when I would hop in the GTI.

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0