Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
again... experiment was done in a safe place - no children were ever at risk.

i don't have a scanner so am not sure what error code was tripped, but i can confirm i am a relatively new driver to 6mt and did not push in clutch with brake. so best guess is stall induced engine fault as one of the posters suggested. lesson now learned - thank you.

the code has now cleared after a few power on/off cycles, so car seems fine.

a note to those of you who ride high horses. it is always a bit easier to receive coaching from someone who at least comes across as sympathetic. think of all the noobs who want to learn but are afraid of getting flamed by someone with a bit more knowledge and a lot more attitude - is that how we want to develop the community?!?
The only thing I have is respect for you for doing this away from a public place! All good in my book! We all live and learn, although being a racecar driver prepped at birth would be nice.

If you find someone with a BMW scanner, the faults that were thrown will likely still be in there with the mileage they occurred. So you have a long time to find out

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0