View Single Post
      11-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #383
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Sorry man....a GT-R is not in the same league from an exotic standpoint as a Lambo or Ferrari. Performance? yes......exotic intangibles? not even close.
You sort of contradicted yourself there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
They are not few and far between by a long shot . Have a good look over on Nagtroc and maybe that will enlighten you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Go to Ferrari chat and see how they destroy the car. In case ya didn't know...most people that own real supercars (and I know about 20 personally) and about 5 of them are on car forums and not a single one owns a GTR. Sorry man, there are not that many. It may seem that way when you look at something like Nagtroc. Hardly an indication of those that own both.
I dunno...from my personal experience and I live in SoCal, and on NAGTROC, like it was said before, they also own other exotics. Maybe where youre from its far and few in between, but MD doesnt encompass the entire planet..especially SoCal.

BTW would love for you to link me to ferrari chat destroying the car..im assuming on the fact that its a nissan correct? Or is it performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
I honestly think it depends on the particular subset demographic of owners you are talking about. The GTR tends to draw a younger crowd and newer money. Many dedicated/diehard Ferrari and Lambo owners are an older group that are often less open minded and more on the snooty side so to speak. They wouldn't be caught dead in a "Nissan." I could care less. I own a few cars myself and have friends who are also heavy car enthusiasts, but I'm not on here to advertise myself (or swing a dick as you call it).
Its funny because you get the same EXACT mentality of die hard ford or corvette fans. Apparently these ferarri guys who possibly think they are "above" everyone else are almost identical to the old school, "lowly" ford/corvette/buy only American mentality.

Theyre all idiots if you ask me--i give a flying f__k what you drive.

Its sort of like high school...but for adults. My cars better than yours.
But you know, somethings got to be said about that jock who, may not have all the money, but hell repeatedly embarrass you on the field, on the track, or in the octagon regardless of how much money you have.
Appreciate 0