View Single Post
      07-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
marshall_law
Rep
Drives: Lusting over the E90 M3

Unhappy Best dealership in DFW? (Or should I buy from out of town..)

Hey everyone...

I'm in the market to order an '09 E90 M3, with a possibility of buying an '08 in stock if the color/option combo is right. After visiting various salesmen at Classic BMW, BMW of Dallas, and Autobahn BMW, I'd have to say I'm fairly put off so far with the DFW dealerships. I've had a mix of the following:

- Refusal to put any kind of discount on in stock or new orders (with BMW of Dallas telling me I'd have to pay over MSRP for a new order??). They are all claiming the "hot commodity" that is the M3 where everywhere else I read that the M3 is stagnant (and you can tell from dealer inventory there are at least 4-5 M3s at everyone of the dealerships I've seen)
- Generally uninformed salesmen... Not a single one of them knew anything about updated iDrives, facelifts, anything! Is there a dealer/salesman from this area that is knowledgable? I'm somewhat new to BMW and I'd like to NOT have to explain everything I've read on bimmerfile.com or this forum in the past few weeks to disconnected salesmen.
- "Better than thou" attitudes from some salesmen.. I get the feeling they want me to feel like it's a privilege to buy an M3 at (or above) MSRP from their dealership.. this is Texas, I thought we were all a little more humble here

That being said... I've seen a few dealers on the boards here that are based in SoCal etc offering good deals on in-stock M3s, I was wondering if there are any dealerships/salesmen in the area (heck I don't mind calling up Austin, Houston, OKC, or Louisiana for that matter) that are a little more humble and grounded in reality.

I'm wondering where my fellow Texans have ordered/bought their M3s and who is the most highly recommended in the area?
Appreciate 0