GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
you're in a minority. op hope everything works out for you...maybe it's dealer time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by truths2k05 View Post
I absolutely hate DCT. Never again am I buying this sort of transmission. It nevers knows what the driver is trying to do. Bmw still does not have the technology to makes these transmissions run smoothly.
Do you have a DCT M3?? Says you have a 6 speed so I'm wondering if you've ever driven one. Also you wrote "it never knows what the driver is trying to do" - mine does what I tell it to do, but then I have never driven it in D so maybe that's what you're talking about?

In any event, for me the SMG/tiptronic transmissions were not any type of benefit. My S4 with tip had a fairly good sport shift program that i was happy with for sporty daily driving but I would never have tracked it.

The DCT, for me, is like nothing I've ever driven - it feels like truly new technology and I've had to learn to drive it just like when I was 13 learning to drive stick.

For me, it feels like the future - I can't imagine ever going back to a manual ... maybe for old times sake, but not for my primary car.
Appreciate 0