View Single Post
      08-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Rapture
I'm suckin gas but I'm haulin ass
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP MW/SO

Arrow Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake DYNO NUMBERS + VIDEO

I know there is a lot of discrepancy on the forums as to whether an aftermarket intake system can actually make power on our cars. Many intake systems have promised increased power but have fallen short of their numbers or have actually caused a decrease in overall power. This has led to a lot of people bashing full intake systems and claiming a drop in filter is best...

Recently I purchased the newest version of the Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake from EAS and voiced my concern about actual power gains.
Tom and Steve decided there was no better way to prove the power gains to me than to strap my car on the in house dyno and do some runs.

My car is a 2011 E92 DCT running 91 octane gas. Previous modifications: BMC drop in filter, MS Underdrive Pullies, modded stock exhaust.

The dyno runs were done on a nice hot and humid day. The temp in the shop never fell below 95 degrees. The car was allowed to cool in between runs.

The car gained about 10-12 horsepower and about 5-10 pounds of torque. These gains in power are the MS Stage 2 versus the drop in BMC filter. This is proof that the Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake makes more power than the stock intake system and more importantly more power than a drop in filter alone.

The power gains are noticeable all throughout the power band and I am very happy with the results. The intake noise is very intoxicating and when you are at WOT near redline it sounds like the engine may possibly suck in cats/small children.

I would like to give a big thank you to Tom, Steve, and all the other people over at EAS. I have had nothing but excellent experiences at your shop and you have made me a lifelong customer.

Submitted for your approval:

Dynorun 001: BMC Filter, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software
Dynorun 002: BMC Filter, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software
Dynorun 003: BMC Filter, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software
Dynorun 004: BMC Filter, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software

Dynorun 005: Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake Charge Kit, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software
Dynorun 006: Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake Charge Kit, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software
Dynorun 007: Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake Charge Kit, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software
Dynorun 008: Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake Charge Kit, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software
Dynorun 009: Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake Charge Kit, Macht Schnell S65 Performance Underdrive Pulleys, Stock Exhaust, Stock Software

Video:

Last edited by Rapture; 08-10-2011 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: I have teh dumb
Appreciate 1
surewin184.50