View Single Post
      07-14-2018, 06:27 AM   #175
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokeJAX View Post
I almost purchased Leatherique, but then ran up on this article. It basically states that it is a waste of money since the "pores" will never open because it is not real leather. Any thoughts on that?

https://www.best-auto-detailing-tips...nditioner.html
Pretty much spot on. Modern typical production car leathers like in BMWs are top coated once dyed. You can't get anything to "soak" into the leather unless the top coat is worn off; except if the top coat is violated, you do not want any oil product to soak into the leather since it's a b**** to later prep the leather for redying and top coating. I have a close friend that runs a business restoring leather on high end cars who has told me about cars that have come to him where the owner was using Leatherique to try to revive top coat violated seats...not a nice thing to have to deal with.

I long ago had this discussion with one of the top detailers in the country, and he pointed me toward Leather Masters cleaner and Protection Cream. It uses no oils which are pointless on our leather. The PC does a great job at laying down a nice smooth matte finish that helps protect the top coat from dirt and wear.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0