View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #79
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
Unfortunately I haven't bought a headphone amp yet. But the volume thing is true. You can have the volume on your phone all the way up but you need to keep the volume in your AUX screen on the CIC system at like 50%. Then you can use the volume knob to adjust. If you set the volume higher on the CIC AUX screen you'll get static and distortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Curious if you've had a chance to try the inline headphone amp and whether it makes any difference in sound quality? I've also read that it's best to keep the phone volume turned down to about 50% and use the car's volume control to adjust from there.
I usually like to keep the gain on the phone to the max as the lows seem to be muffled if you keep it lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
I've been using this everyday. Everything works well. Right now I only have Waze installed and GPS accuracy has improved greatly. I still think carplay doesn't like multiple GPS apps installed at the same time. In a few weeks I'll uninstall Waze and try Google Maps only.
That is interesting. My daily driver 2017 Civic hatch has an OE honda headunit running android 4.2.2 but it plays nice with all 3 GPS (Google, Waze, Apple) running at once. It only shows the last used one on the side dock area but they are all running fine.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0