drrust
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I don't think the theory is silly, once you lose control of a mid engine car they're harder to recover than a traditional front engine car, add old tires to that equation and it's a recipe for disaster. The owner/driver, Roger, of the car had tons of track/racing experience and was a very successful business man who wasn't thought of being a reckless driver. He owned the racing shop along with Paul in that corporate block so one could assume they've taken that same corner numerous times at similar speeds in other high performance vehicles. A tragedy none the less and tire age/condition is something that should never be overlooked, especially in a hyper car.
I did not say the theory was silly. I said the article was silly.

The driver of the car put himself and his passenger at risk by driving an unfamiliar car, known to be twitchy and high strung, at high speeds on public streets. Sucks for those guys. Lucky no one else was hurt.

And, given he did have racing experience, he should have known to keep that shit at the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I don't think the theory is silly, once you lose control of a mid engine car they're harder to recover than a traditional front engine car, add old tires to that equation and it's a recipe for disaster. The owner/driver, Roger, of the car had tons of track/racing experience and was a very successful business man who wasn't thought of being a reckless driver. He owned the racing shop along with Paul in that corporate block so one could assume they've taken that same corner numerous times at similar speeds in other high performance vehicles. A tragedy none the less and tire age/condition is something that should never be overlooked, especially in a hyper car.
I did not say the theory was silly. I said the article was silly.

The driver of the car put himself and his passenger at risk by driving an unfamiliar car, known to be twitchy and high strung, at high speeds on public streets. Sucks for those guys. Lucky no one else was hurt.

And, given he did have racing experience, he should have known to keep that shit at the track.
The article also doesn't mention the temperature, high performance tires can be very temperature sensitive.
Appreciate 0