View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skl007 View Post
I do. In my opinion the GT-R is a lot more analog than the M3 simply because you can hear so much more mechanical noise. It's a lot more involving as well simply because it's more sensitive to tramlining and has much faster steering and turn-in.

It's much, much faster and the kind of grip levels it has (especially when exiting a corner) is absurd. Do I drive it more than the M3? No, but I have way more fun when I do drive it.
+1

I drove a few GTRs (R32, R33, R35). The R35 GTR is a lot more mechanical and raw than the M3. It is not something I'd want to drive every day as it is pretty unforgiving on rough roads and it sucks in normal driving.

I think where most people think the R35 feels artificial is in the handling... it turns and handles unlike any other car. It will do things you don't think is possible and it feels wrong - but it is also very fast. If you like traditional sports car handling, the GTR is not the car for you.

This only refers to the R35 GTR. The older GTR are much more traditional sports cars and handles like most RWD sports cars despite having AWD.