06-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
No guarantees, but the aFe 300cell catted xpipe hasn't thrown a CEL on my car in more than a year and 10,000 miles

If you don't want it to be absurdly loud I'd stick with a stock muffler with any xpipe to start and see how you like it. The aFe increases sound and rasps a bit more than the stock xpipe. It also doesn't fit super awesome.

Another option might be somebody else's aftermarket x with aftermarket 300cell cats welded in the stock location.

You can get a back box to match later once you know how much "more" you want.
So just for reference I was driving a N51 128i 3.0. I had deleted secondary cats in that car as well as the muffler to just incorporate straight piping and exhaust tips. car had a lot of burbles and pops and backfire on decel, Some might think it was too much but I loved how it sounded and was on it all the time, Now I know this is a V8 so im just wondering if deleting the mufflers on the E90 and maybe running the pulley kit and a tune would give me what im looking for without the loss of torque that might come from deleting the muffler on its own?
Appreciate 0