07-25-2018, 02:08 AM   #6569
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk936 View Post
Hi, new to this forum, not sure where to post my question related to oil change I did today. I can't get the BC button to trigger reset option.

I have a 2008 e92 m3 manual transmission. After changing the oil, I followed the multiple videos I watched and got to the service menu on the cluster, I pressed the BC button to look at which item needs service. I scroll down on the stalk to get to red oil change symbol. But when I press on the BC button at the end, it won't trigger a reset. I tried pressed and released and also tried holding the BC button. I also tried pressing the cluster button, and a variation of holding and not holding brake vs clutch the same time. My brake fluid needs to be flushed also. I have not done it yet but when I tried to press the BC button for brake fluid (just to see if the reset option will come on) also no luck.

Not sure if manual and automatic transmission makes a difference because most video are with automatic transmission and most are not m3. There was a 2011 manual m3 reset video but not seeing anything different. Is there something I am missing.

If there is a step I am missing, suggestions will be appreciated.
Welcome aboard mate. Did you start with pressing the trip meeter reset in the cluster? Try this:
https://youtu.be/BONICPLdMDs
Going forward Id post techy stuff under the engine/maintenance sub forum.

Also, did we see a intro + pictures of your car yet man?!
Appreciate 0