05-12-2022, 10:27 AM   #4986
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
OK - First, the being awake thing is OK. Although they explain everything to you prior to the procedure, I have this talent for working myself into a tizzy when I don't know what to expect. So I was a bit anxious going in for the first eye. You don't feel a thing, they give you a mild sedative in addition to the numbing stuff. I can give you a blow by blow of what to expect if you'd like. It is weird when they do the procedure, you see this psychedelic light show. I came out of the first one with a major headache but I was fine after they did the second eye.

As far as the lenses go, the multifocals correct both distance and close sight in the same lens. There is another option that has the distance correction in one eye and the close in the other and then there is the option without vision correction.
Yes, a sedative to calm you down, and everything is explained up front. And yeah, a light show like you took a hit of acid, lol. My doctor was very gentle and everything went very smooth.

I got the second option that you mentioned where you can see for distance in one eye and the other eye is for close up. The brain takes over depending on what you're looking at. It's not for everyone but it works for me.