View Single Post
      01-29-2022, 02:18 PM   #518
danbav
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 330i, 335i. Golf GTI mk1

Hi all,

I Installed p2000 light in my UK spec E92 today. Pro nav and individual audio option. I compared the same track streamed via car usb, Bluetooth and mr12volt wireless CarPlay. All using Apple Music on my iPhone 13.

Output using mr12volt has considerably less punch and lacking low end bass. Subs not doing much at all. Even after eq adjustment the bass is not as clean as the other methods.

I have not tested the same using wired connection to mr12volt. I will do this tomorrow but I expect the result to be the same as over the wireless CarPlay.

I do have an ear for good sound quality and while this sound is good enough for everyday listening audiophiles would not be happy and are best using the car usb audio port or streaming from the internal hard drive. Hopefully this is only until the new version with DSP comes out from mr12volt.

I mainly listen to audiobooks these days so I am very happy with the system for the convenience of CarPlay and apart from the bass the sound quality is excellent. Interface is simple, quick and works surprisingly well with the idrive controller.

Quality of the kit is good and it’s well packaged. Arrived in under a week.

I had to code the changer mp3 option, I used bimmercode. My car came with cd changer prep and no actual cd changer.

Took 3.5 hours to install and code.

I do hope this helps anyone who is considering this as an option for their car.
Appreciate 5
SlimE92185.50
drwankel1037.50
soko3.00