View Single Post
      01-27-2022, 08:23 PM   #515
soko
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 6MT 2009 328xi 6MT

I installed the P2000 Light about a week ago. It went to 2009 328xi with HK Logic 7 option. Like many others I needed to code the CDMM_CHANGER_3 to mp3_cdc.
I use it with my Pixel 6 pro phone, and mostly listen to Spotify. Audio quality in Spotify is set to very high, no equalizer. My first impressions were wow, excellent clarity, stereo separation and generally very good, crispy sound. Menu is very responsive. Previous\next track buttons on the steering wheel work, but these take maybe 2 sec to play the next or previous track. Voice command button doesn’t work, but the unit reacts very nicely to spoken commands using “OK Google”.
Now about the bass issue. I tried comparing the same songs played thru in-dash CD player and Spotify. I noticed that the volume was lower on AA, even though it’s set to max (30) in the settings. To match it with CD volume, AA needed two short presses on volume button. At first I didn’t notice that the bass is lacking on AA. Later it was a bit more apparent on some tunes.
Now, after a week, the lack of bass is more noticeable. I still need to listen to more variety of music. It sounds like mid and low bass is a bit soft. It’s missing the “meat” and (call it) maybe a definition a little. For me it isn’t bad enough to return it. I will keep the unit, but will watch for the updated version, as they promised in 6-12 months (now 4-10?) and hope for a deal for P2000 owners.

I also have the Carsara unit in the other car, connected thru quadlock. The car is stored now, and I can't do a real comparison between the two. Will need to wait until spring.
Appreciate 2
drwankel1037.50