01-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #396
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I initially just wanted to ignore your posts, but you guys wrote so much confusing crap… I just need to reply.
1) What you two call being a BMW fanboy, I call it brand loyalty. There is nothing wrong with being loyal. There are people who are loyal to their brand and there are folks who will embrace and celebrate everything a magazine like C&D or R&T tells them to. You two do not belong to the first group, that’s for sure.
2) I don’t know why you want to talk about G82’s superior straight line acceleration if it just won against the CT5 Blackwing on a tight, technical track. Clearly, G80/82 are also excellent track weapons.
3) BMW still wins car comparisons. E.g., see the highly prestigious EVO car of the year 2020 and 2021 awards. A BMW won both times. It was M2 CS in 2020, M5 CS in 2021. G80 was fourth in 2021.
4) BMW continues to do more for ICE enthusiasts than any other mainstream brand. While companies like GM decided to completely switch to EVs in a great hurry, BMW has just committed to continue developing new internal combustion engines. You all should celebrate this fact.

List of BMW Awards 2020:
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...22712EN/468305
There is nothing wrong with brand loyalty but it should go both ways. BMW used to care for its loyal customers with the Euro buying plan (now cancelled), ability to order a car exactly as you like (the problems right now are not totally BMW's fault given the parts shortage but BMW could be more transparent), car design (basically attacking those loyal followers who didn't like the new snouts) and change for change's sake so BMW muscle memory suddenly ceases to work on certain features.

Cadillac makes an excellent product in the Blackwing series. If a few parts sneak in from the GM parts bin, so be it. BMW makes an excellent product as well. They each excel in different ways.
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25083.00
Efthreeoh17303.00
nicholasn261.00