05-25-2020, 09:06 AM   #73
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_tristan View Post
Woow Alex is taking my credit, I sent it to him to send to you haha. Glad you found it in the end
Shout-out to you too Tristan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Nice congrats!! Hope to see it installed soon
Thanks Dinal!! Sometime in August it'll get installed!

I’m very excited to share this update with you all.

This update takes place in April 2020.

You probably have never seen this part that I’m going to be sharing with you all today. This is a part that I actually found accidentally.

What I mean by that is, I was actually looking for a different part, and managed to stumble upon this one instead.

So I was watching Youtuber Spencer Berke’s feature of Miguel’s Atlantis Blue E90 M3 with all of the rarest of rare goodies available on the E90 M3.

There was a part towards the end of the video where Miguel showed his BMW Umbrella and then immediately afterwards he displayed these BMW Illuminated Door Sills (Part#51470429897), as seen below:

I searched the forums, and couldn’t find any for sale. So I checked eBay and there was a used set available in pretty banged up shape. Right below that ad, I found THESE:

These Door Sills are even more rare than the ones mentioned above! For those interested, the part number is #51472151841.

These are a special BMW Performance variant that have been discontinued. They are in a Stainless Steel Black Chrome finish, with the classic BMW Performance Yellow illumination.

The best part about the ad on eBay for these was that they were BRAND NEW!!!!!! Granted the seller offered it with a $985USD price tag, but I managed to work with the seller to get the price to $750USD.

As per usual, these Door Sills will be receiving the OCD Treatment:

1) Apply XPEL PPF.
2) Apply Ceramic Coating.

Thank-you all for stopping by and stay tuned for next update!
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
//steve\\1074.00
acarr6407.50