View Single Post
      09-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
Grey///Matter
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Moving on

So with changes in life and my extended warranty on the E92 finally up, we are thinking of getting a new car and wanted to get people's thoughts.

We live downtown so we only really need one car that can do pretty much everything - this was the allure of the M3, but my non-iDrive E92 is starting to get too dated for my wife's tastes. It's an amazing and ridiculosuly special car to me, so trying to figure out HOW to replace it is a bit of a challenge.

Main contenders -

1. F80 M4 CS - The emotional option. The most “raw” pure sports car. Leaning toward this one. Tons of deals on these right now given the upcoming G80/82. We'd lease this rather than buy given the decent lease rates and discounts currently available. Seems like a good deal on this could be pretty cool. Will be annoying to have the new M3/4 come out next year but we need a new car now and the discounts are pretty good.

2. C63 S AMG - The wife’s favourite. Wife's always been an AMG fan. Looks and sounds pretty good - but not the best in terms of handling. Not sure if it has the same “following” as an M3.

3. Audi RS5 - No one’s favourite. Seems kind of boring.

4. F90 M5 - The practical option. AWD better for Canadian winters, super fast and apparently trackable. Just worried it’s a bit of a boat and we don’t need that much space (yet).

Plan to test drives at least the CS and AMG this week. We thought about M2 Comp but it’s too small for family duty otherwise that'd be my pick.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Grey///Matter; 09-23-2019 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0