View Single Post
      04-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #25
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Mew View Post
You know what really grinds my gears? Imagine you it rains and you get a bunch of grime caked on the back end of your car. You use a pressure washer and sure it gets off a dirt layer on top, but there's still a visible amount of grime just still caked on their. Like mascara in the shower, it's gonna start running but you'll still have a bunch of crap still on your face. And that pressure washer is SO strong! It hurts your hand so bad if you dare test out the pressure. Yet it can't take off all that grime still on the car. But if you swipe your finger ever so gently it comes right off. WTF??? How can a gentle finger take off what a super strong pressure washer can't?? Maybe mine isn't strong enough. Anyways, I don't use the pressure washer all that often anymore. Okay my rant is finished.
Panda, very clean car you have there!
thanks for the compliments

Wouldn't it be nice if the pressure washer can do it all in one quick step like in some of the youtube videos.

That being said do you use a foam cannon? I just use the pressure washer to loosen up any stubborn contaminants like the grime you speak of. And I use the Foam Cannon to loosen more of the contaminants and create lubricate the surface. Then after rinsing I just use my rinseless wash to get the grime off. At that point the grime and contaminants is loosened enough that it hardly takes any pressure when using my wash mitt.

That's why if the car isn't too dirty I'll skip the pressure washing/ foaming step and stick with either my rinseless or waterless wash to save water.
Appreciate 0