badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
Where is the best place to buy the Remus exhaust (NOT race). I know it was around $1200 but why does the remus exhaust shop website now say something like $1500+ shipped? I'd buy one for $1200 no problem.

Also, what does one mean when they say the stock exhaust needs to be 'hacked' ? I dont understand this crazy exhaust lingo. It seems like to install the Remus, you have to cut the stock pipes behind the mufflers and weld the remus mufflers on? If so, can we revert back to stock if needed by welding on the stock mufflers at some later point? Thanks in advance...
I have mine for sale, local pickup in SoCal only (sorry) for $1250 with pipes already cut, it's just bolt on at this point.

When we say hack, it's exactly as you describe. Cut right next to the muffler, but you don't have to weld the mufflers on, you can just clamp them on with the clamps that are included. You can probably revert back to stock if someone wanted to try to weld it all back together. It would definitely have to be welded on while mounted on the car.