View Single Post
      08-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

First I was under my parents plan which was Cigna (PPO). They weren't bad. At my first job I had Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO). My deductibles increased on all aspects except if I had to go to the emergency room. My prescription plan that was through them was insane. The best example I can give is my one inhaler for asthema, Advair. Under Cigna I was paying $30 per refill on that. Through BCBS I was about between $60-80 (it would fluctuate for some weird reason). I was paying roughly $130 a month through the company for the plan. BCBS also didn't like to pay for quite a bit of stuff when it came to going to the doctor, especially if they deemed it optional. Even generic brand prescriptions would cost in that range. At my new job I have Aetna (PPO) for medical and CVS for prescription. My prescriptions are now all $25 for name brand and $5 for generic. My deductibles have also all decreased across the board. I don't know about doctors bills since I haven't been to one since starting the new job. I pay about $90 a month on this one since I am a non smoker and receive a sizable discount for that.
Appreciate 0