12-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #85
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
That video short was very impressive! Being a former professional wedding photographer, I am pretty knit picky when I watch a lot of these videos online these days. But I will say that this is easily my favorite video posted here on the forums to date! I found the cinematography to be a lot more theatrical, suspenseful, and exciting!

These days, anyone can pick up a video DSLR and make a video or photo look "nice" but it takes a lot of skill and creativity to actually make something that stirs emotion. You have definitely done so, very well done!

If I may add a little constructive criticism. One of the things I notice in a lot of wedding and automotive videos/photos is that many of us tend to forget about our lines. I noticed in some of your clips that the horizon isn't straight when I personally think it can really make a difference. So maybe in some future videos, you can take note of that. It honestly took me years to notice it in my photography and when I made that simple switch, it actually made a huge impact on my photos. Our minds sometimes don't register it and same for many viewers, but when things are done right for whatever reason, it seems so much more pleasing to the eyes.

Again, I must reiterate that the video is very impressive! I am looking forward to seeing more of your cinematography!
Appreciate 0