07-03-2019, 07:29 PM   #3
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Yes methanol is lowering engine temps. Not because of the octane boost, but because when it evaporates is 'sucks up' lots of heat. Not sure if this effect can actually be noticed in a car, but that's that. Officially I believe the methanol is used to prevent detonation, aka as supplemental fuel

Coolant and oil temps go hand in hand

When the needle goes past the 3/4 ball the car starts pulling timing, usually it won't go into limp until it hits the 4/4 area

Humidity makes everything worse

If you keep getting faster you will probably need the full do88 kit plus the oil diverter valve mod which is an epic PITA to install. And then when you get really fast you'll have to remove the supercharger unless you plan on doing 1 hot lap followed by a few cool down laps
That's a buzz kill (removing the SC)!

I did the diverter valve install earlier this year, and yes it was a massive PITA! There were a few points where I began to question my sanity. Thankfully I have a patient wife.

Regarding timing. Would the decrease in HP be noticeable?
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0