View Single Post
      06-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
ramirojusto
Rep
Drives: M3

iDrive doesn't show traffic option

Hi,

First of all, I apologize for my written English. I'm new to the forum so this is my first post. I'm Spanish guy who works in Mexico City half of the year. I’m planning to take a road trip from Mexico City to Denver this summer, so I just bought the latest North America DVD Maps for my 2009 M3 Sedan. It comes with two DVDs, one for the West Coast and Mexico and one for the East Coast. I was checking how to use the traffic option to give it a try on the other side of the border (there's no traffic information in Mexico for factory navigation systems) and I realized that it does not appear in my settings menu. Due to all I told you before, I have some questions:

Is it possible that traffic info is disabled so I have to take my car to a BMW Dealer in order to activate it?
Is it possible that iDrive is no showing the traffic settings item because there is no traffic signal available in Mexico?
Finally, do you think that maybe a traffic receiver isn’t installed in my car at all?
Since all BMWs on sale in Mexico have European specifications, not North American, would that be the problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Ramiro
Appreciate 0