03-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #65
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I actually didn't mind the coverage at all and was completely shocked when during the commercial breaks (which everyone on this forum used to complain about constantly) they had the race playing live on one side of the screen!

My only response to those who feel they are being talked down to is that F1 is not a mainstream sport and they are trying to change that on this side of the pond. If you turn something on and don't understand it, you're going to turn it off. That's just reality. The sport is a tough enough sell as it is because it's a moving target. It's not like baseball of football that is always on at roughly the same times when people might actually want to crack open a beer and watch it. When the races jump all over the place, many times into the wee hours of the morning, you completely lose that potential audience. We are the die hard fans, however there just aren't enough of us at this point to stop dumbing it down for a first time audience. I love F1, but if I didn't have my TiVo I would probably only catch a handful of races.

It's a lose-lose because it's annoying to watch as a casual viewer AND as a die hard fan.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0