03-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #57
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
You only have to look at the F1 team budgets to wonder where the money is spent.
As for Le Mans, well it was invented over here and the big teams plow loads of money in.
Audi spent [ rumour ] close to £120,000,000 developing their turbo diesel for Le Mans.
That would run a low end F1 team for a year/

Wow you are really serious about saying things that everyone in this thread understands...

Guess I shouldve added an emot to my last comment, it was meant to be tongue in cheek.

Also why did you even say your original comment? Who said that Indy was more advanced? Are you just trying to plug how much better europe is than the states?

Ive lived on your side of the atlantic, you guys have your own set of problems.

F1 is slowly making a comeback and ALMS is fantastic in the US, shame for the whole Grand Am buyout, but im sure LMP cars will come back here at some point.

Grand Am is decent road racing and not for nothing, im really tired of europeans talking down to American racing fans like were idiots.

:edit: sorry im venting, I work a side gig for GRC and we get these same types of people talking down to our version of Rally Cross

Last edited by BrokenVert; 03-09-2013 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0