View Single Post
      08-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #63
kishg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
It's a matter of what you want and what your budget is. If your budget is 70k, and if you truly want the M3, which costs less than that, why would you care that it costs 55k or 60k since that is the car that you want--unless as in Devo's case where you buy and sell cars every other year.

The rather wealthy people I know do care about how they spend their money, but once they set a budget for something and they know what they want within that price range, they just buy it. If you are still going back and forth, that means you're not sure about your budget yet, or overextending yourself.
no, your completely off-base and i'm puzzled as to why grasp of a simple concept is beyond you. i'm not unsure about the budget, just unsure of what the new m3 will deliver for said budget. i want a car that is a reliable daily driver than i can drive at the track every other weekend. which means it needs to have responsive steering, great handling, brakes that are trackworthy, probably adjustable suspension. i don't know if you've noticed but the m3 has many worthy competitors lately and one of the most competitive features that will sway me is price. if the m3 comes in priced too high, why would i blindly buy it? how could i or you "truly want the m3" when we haven't even driven it nor have a price for it?
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0