08-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #48
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I do believe that the cost of ownership for the 911 will be more regardless of residuals.

My choice will not be soley based on which car I like the most. If the P car is not worth the extra initial cost to me, then I may get a car that isn't my first choice, but is a much cheaper close second. That may not work for you, but it does for me. If my favorite car was my first pick, it would be my previous turbo. I just have a hard time justifying all that extra money for the gain. So, the $55k MSRP could be one big factor in helping me choose the M3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I don't have a problem with paying the extra cash. It's how that cash is retained in the form of residuals and the miles I can drive. If, I knew that the turbo would hold a better value and you could actually drive the car 8-9k annually without losing your shirt, I'd go there in a minute.
Now, I am confused about your responses because I thought you earlier said the initial cost was not the issue, but residuals were.

Anyway, there is one way I can understand what you've said so far. That is if the consideration is really about the difference in the cost of short term ownership of the two cars vs. satisfaction? If so, I think I can see what you are saying, and agree that is a somewhat subjective decision.
Appreciate 0