View Single Post
      10-02-2018, 11:33 PM   #31
VrooM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Reporting after close to 10 months of the actuators installed and they are working perfectly. i drove the car a lot this summer and have now put about 10-11k km on them and not one single time was there a hiccup or did i notice the slight sluggishness of old and tired units (as was the case before replacement etc).

it also was a hot summer and i pushed her regularly on long trips, so rest assured the actuators got worked plenty. this reminds me, after much research on the topic a german article from a track rat who runs on the ring regularly said it is common knowledge among ze german bimmer folk to lubricate the ITB linkages and bearings once a year or so, as that appears to be one of the leading causes of the units prematurely failing in the first place (other than the mediocre oem built quality). the lubricants evaporate in the heat of being housed deep within the v and covered up, and dust also is a cause. so far i have done my actuators twice and every time the linkages were squeaky dry though i had lubricated them with "permanent" lubricants prior.

so anyone who is going through this headache bare in mind this preventative maintenance.
Appreciate 2
PACarGuy685.00
Davisca4552207.50