Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Gear View Post
Some questions for you guys:

(1) Is there such a thing as "Holiday Pricing" for SC kits? Looking to score a good deal over the coming holidays and I am in on any "group buy" for anything offered that's worthwhile (I am 100% stock).

Yes there is, http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766280

(2) Both the VF620 and newly announced ESS-VT625 use the Vortech SC, they are the least expensive, and appear to have similar cooling. Are they about the same in performance and reliability? The free install offered for the VF620 has me very interested but the VT625 has a wider installed base and no reported problems. Both are great options and I would say similar in terms of performance. When it comes to reliability ESS has the edge due to the amount of kits on the market. Its also safe to say the VF kits have proven to be reliable so far.

(3) For me the most important thing is throttle response and how quickly the power comes on from lower RPMs and up. I have not been able to figure out which kit has the edge in this regard. This is relative, I would go out on a limb and say both the ESS and VF kits will be similar here because of the blower selection. I have driven a few ESS cars and have no complaints over the throttle response. It is very responsive and not too much, you can tell a lot of time was spent on the tuning.

It seems very hard to get a true comparison of these kits as there is too much bias in these forums.

Just waiting for a good holiday deal ...
Comments above in red.

Best Regards,
Appreciate 0