magus4286
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspiritM3 View Post
I think the DME has different maps (normal, M mode, etc) and tells the DSC how much to be ok with. So my expectation is that randy set it up so it tells the DSC that DSC is off as a default.

The big mystery to me is how much the instrument cluster was doing as a pass through to turn stuff on/off.

I am keeping the steering angle sensor and stalks and we may program some things that are on the keypad to the stalks and those buttons.

I should have more info by late March when we install, etc.
I discovered a lot about how the stalks function:

The wiper stalks communicate entirely over CAN (through FCAN to PTCAN to the JBE, really). Decoded those messages and will be using them to control my wipers. Can share if you are interested.

Cruise control also CAN, didn't spend time decoding those.

The turn signal stalk and BC button / rocker switch are actually variable resistance outputs, like a two-wire analog sensor, effectively. The stalk has separate output wires for each of: lift up(i.e. turn right), pull down (i.e. left), push/pull (i.e. brights), and BC/rocker. Those go to the FRM and cluster directly. It must be this way since each of those actions has more than two positions, so each wire has 3 or 4 resistance levels.
E90 ///M3 ('08) Racecar build | Fire Orange | 6MT | MCS 3W w/ rear coilover | Alcon BBK | Akrapovic Ti + BW Racing X-Pipe | do88 cooling | All the aero | Solid almost everything | CF Roof | TA16 and SM-10 wheels | AiM PDM32
Appreciate 0