kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
The stock M3 as a track car is pretty underwhelming- I wouldn't call it a "track beast" unless you mean parking lot hard parking. I drove it stock on track and now my car is not very stock.

The things that you mention like leather, machined wheels and such are detriments on track. I've replaced the leather seats for cloth Recaro buckets that actually hold you in rather than stock seats that have zero support. The stock wheels replaced with wheels that are more light weight and can fit wider and stickier tires. Soft stock EDC suspension for track focused aftermarket suspension etc.

You'd need many modifications to make the M3 a "track beast".. out of the box it's very much a comfortable daily commuter car and no where near what you get with more track focused cars you can buy straight from the dealer now.
It depends on the track. E92 M3 eats pretty much every stock car built before 2014 bar the F8x M3/4(records around 2:25 by non-pro) at Suzuka, pulling about 2:27 completely stock with PS2s.

That being said I noticed after acquiring US spec E92 M3 (DCT) that my euro E92 M3 6MT pulls harder in all rev ranges, stock to stock. It probably has to do with octane rating in the US(thus less aggressive software), but there are also suspension part number differences; JP spec in stock form was sport suspension (supposedly same spec as ZCP) because it has smoother roads.