View Single Post
      09-09-2020, 10:33 AM   #1276
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
When I got my V2 unit, I had tried to get my aftermarket reverse camera working with it (I'd previously been using an emulator and using it as a factory BMW backup camera, worked great). I worked with Michael from Kremersino, and he even sent me a video clip of him wiring his up on a bench and it clearly worked with his camera, but not with the camera I had. Tried the different camera type settings as well. I suspect they're using a specific camera - I believe they actually sell BMW E9x backup cameras as well on their aliexpress store.

In the end I just continued using my backup camera via the factory setup - within the carplay settings, you can set the backup camera to "Factory" and it auto switches over to the BMW factory backup screen/camera when you put the car in reverse, then automatically switches back to the carplay screen when you take it out of reverse. Worked great.
Hey brettcp do you have access to BMW diagnostics software? I checked my car for a separate error for a failed wheel speed sensor and I noticed the CIC, MOST, CID all had errors for communication. When I ran a normal OBD scan reader (BimmerLink App), I didn't see the errors. How interesting! I do not believe I had these errors with the V2 old harness, and I did have them with the V1 module.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0