View Single Post
      08-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
MSY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Ecs lower rear trailing arms are not # 8. Those are lower control arm/spring arm. You need rear trailing arm bushings number 7. One un each subframe hole and other in the arm itself near the knuckle. You dont need a press for these either as they pop out once bolt is removed. that only bimmerworld has an option for. They dont press into the subframe like the spring arm oneswhich bimmerworld also has a kit for. I had solid trailing arm bimmetworld bushings and ecs trailing srm but that arm is soley responsible for keeping the wheel in place during forward movement over bumps and undulations and solid bushings made an extremely hatsh ride. I changed to new oem bushings coypled with ecs trailing arm and it was way better. That piece doesnt really need much change from oem other than many have bent that arm despitte no percievable hit to it and one person lost it on COTA a few years back. Therefore i wanted the stronger arm for that purpose and ecs said its still designed to deform under an accident to not shoot up and damage fuel tank as you can see it sits at a 45 degree angle. Im afraid oem arm was too flimsy

So i would install it with new oem rubber bushings inless you want an extremly jarring ride which was even too much on track.
Appreciate 1
ebisu81079.50