04-11-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I agree, this was a fun day. My wife and I did it at Thermal in 2016 when it was free, but even when they started charging I think it's definitely worthwhile, especially if you've never tracked a car before. It's their car, their tires, and their gas, so considering that, the cost is nominal, especially when they throw in a lunch and the swag bag. I would strongly encourage anyone who wants a taste of track driving to sign up for this (if they bring it back!)

Some local chapters of the BMW CCA offer a similar event called a "Performance Center Experience" or something akin to that which offers the same type of exercises at a comparable price. Again, all the same perks. If you're not a member of the BMW CCA you should sign up, it's worth it!
Thanks SD - agree with everything you said. I’m covered personally as a long time CCA member (15 years) and over 30 club HPDE days in my M3.

These M track days represent an excellent toe in the water for a first time track driver or, in my case, a cheap way to test drive the new M offerings harder than any dealer would permit. And best of all, you can drive them all in a half day on a closed course...
Appreciate 0