View Single Post
      12-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #42
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Dude, have u even driven a C63 like seriously? U are bashing something that u have no idea of. AMG's are geared towards burnouts and hooligan fun. Its basically a german muscle car. M's are about balance and handling hence why the lower tq figures. Just because it does not use a triple clutch system or have 325 wide tires it automatically sucks? Really? Its about catering to different audiences. People that buy AMG's will not track their cars much hence why there's really no need for wider tires or lsd. That's why its an option. In return you get a bigger engine (more tq), and a better DD experience. Therefore the simple fact that it is now pretty close to the M3 in terms of handling/driving dynamics is quite a feat itself for a car that's all about shear power in the first place. Also, the new Aventador doesn't have a DCT system so I guess it too sucks? Its about matching the transmission with the car's character.

I'll explain to u in simpler terms: Bento knife for cutting sushi and a cleaver for chopping meat. Different knives all together.

Its makes me wonder how someone with so little knowledge and a huge pile of ignorance manages to drive a M3. Oh right, daddy did most of the heavy lifting.
let me just work backwards here with your post?
Daddy did the heavy lifting, what does that even mean? This screams insecurity on your part, don't spend too much time being concerned with my financial situation or anyones for that matter, focus on the point. (sidenote try to avoid jealousy) - my dad wouldn't buy me a BMW, he hates them.

Moving on, the incessant desire to compare the M3 to a knife, are you saying that I have little knowledge, Wait a minute....you just cliche'd the balls out of your post, and you are saying I have little knowledge? Are you telling me more about a car that has been around since 2008, with little to no performance impacting changes? Gee thanks for regurgitated information...

Ex. 2 of how naive you are:
This notion that AMG owners don't track their cars, are you kidding me? PLENTY of AMG owners track their cars, it's not a minority or a small group...probably one of the most naive comments I've ever read, you must not spend any time at the track. MB puts on many AMG events, plenty of members do private rentals, events and so on...you again show yourself naive.

Let's stick to the facts here;
Returning to the point of the thread, the article. Prices as tested 66k for the M3, 80k for the c63coupe. My problem is that MB could have done much better, another fact I offer at the people directing their comments at me, instead of MB/AMG:

2012 c63 coupe: 3996
2011 c63 Sedan: 3932

further looking at the details, for 80k, you are not getting much more than what was already available in a c63amg sedan (including p31 pack), you are getting non-performance upgrades in the c63coupe. Going back to my point, certainly a little more effort could have made the c63amg coupe a true M3 killer. They introduced a coupe, they knew it was going head to head with an m3, to me 4000lb pounds, glass roof, no lightweight options, not a great attempt, especially considering it is a coupe.

As a MB guy, I can't help but be a underwhelmed by this interation of the c63, it's more visual than performance product. Hopefully after the M156 is retired and the chassis is revised, MB will look at seriously de-throning the M3.

btw, that better not be a WRX screen name, noob.
Appreciate 0