12-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #24
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Guys and gals, just face it, this car is simply worthy of legend status at this point. Just in time for the end of this generation. I've had a subscription to C&D for about 13 years and is probably one of the biggest aids in getting a feel for BMW's before I'd ever driven or could afford one. THEY ARE BIASED but what about the countless comparos this car has won in other publications. I own an M3, I'M BIASED but honestly there must be a reason this car is mentioned in the same breath of the only car it can't beat amongst enthusiasts. PORSCHE 911. The M3 only trumps that car in practicality. Also you must ask yourself is a 911 $20k to $25k better. I plan on asking myself this very question in a few years.
This M3 is something special folks and not because I say so but because everybody else says so too. At this price point and class in the words of Tina Turner it's "Simply the Best." If it isn't why do so many manufacturers aspire to beat it? Just my observations. My flamesuit is full on.
That reminds me of Vince Vaughn movie.

For what it is, I love this car. I didn't dream about getting a new car for the past 8 years about an S5 or C63(they didn't even exist). Sure, newer and better(relatively speaking) cars are coming out every year. The M3 is a beast and an icon. It's a gold standard in my book. I can also put 2 golf bags in the trunk!

I also did read every article ever written by C&D on the M3. I'm probably brainwashed, just a little... hahaha
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
Appreciate 0