View Single Post
      10-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #33
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

i love the audi 5 cylinder, so much Audi sports history in that engineering, the 5 cylinder turbo RS with quattro. Performance hands down, this is a great basis for tuning for sure.

The problem with that car is not the engine or the tech. it's the platform, chassis and design. I went to an Audi dealer to look at A3/S3 for a friend, and walked out in 10 minutes. That A3 looks so cheap in and out, the rear seat is smaller than the E90 or GTI. Especially in with the S2/RS3 seats, you can't even put your legs straight in the back seat. And the ext/interior? It looks like Audi walked up to a Audi factory garbage can, picked up some stuff and put em on a flat black plastic dashboard. The MK7 GTI feels more luxurious than this crap...

Audi logo? yea but quality is worse than a base VW model
Luxury? none
Design? RS line, but there's no aggressiveness at all, Civic Type R looks more fat in the rear than this thing
Ergonomics and size? useless backseats, why create in a sedan? (I've lived in UK before, the RS3 or old S3 hatch looks and works so much better in daily)
Price? Not cheap at all
Performance? It's there, but if it's missing all the above mentioned qualities, I might as well just get a used GTR and smoke this thing everyday