04-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Great thread. I'm looking forward to this since I'm also on the fence...

Are you worried about not having an intercooler in the Hawaiian heat?
Thanks!! I was thinking about that too .. Hawaii never gets high like AZ so I should be okay, if not then it will give me a reason to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorrig View Post
Congrats man!!! This is going to be sick. Wonder if this is the ultimate mod for you? Hopefully you can give us a ride around Honolulu when we visit!!
Thanks bro ... Long has my ultimate upgrade sitting at his shop
I would be more then happy to take you guys for a ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewads View Post
WOW a true DIY newbie! New tool box and a friend's garage!
Aloha Mike ... Nah I've been working on cars for 14 years now. I currently live in a condo so I couldn't work on the car at home (Condo rules) I love my little tool box I don't have a garage to have a huge tool box so this one works out great and it will show others that you can do the install with just a few simple tools.

Quote:
This will be a true test for you and will defiantly provide some confidence to other potential ESS customers that might want to self install the kit.
I really do hope this helps other potential customers get their confidence up.

Quote:
Step 36/152. Pulling the fan out and back in is also a little tricky. I placed a very thin piece of sheet metal between the fan motor and the radiator hose to help the assemble slide out/in. The radiator hose wants to grab the fan motor as it comes by.
So far so good ... I haven't really ran into any problems, but then again I've only removed items I know what you mean about the fan. I think that took the most time.

Quote:
Step 79. I had to modify the aluminum quick connector to fit my OEM connector (I have a 2009 model).
Did you have to modify it a lot? Would you be able to give me a little more details ... I also have a 2009

Quote:
Step 103. Only shows the A/C belt routing for cars produced before 06/08 (single sided belt). Roman might have updated the instructions by now include the belt routing for cars produced after 06/08 with the dual sided belt.
I didn't even think about that ... I guess I'm gonna have to a 2009 A/C belt routing diagram

Quote:
Step 146. Installing the air filter/hose assembly is a little tricky and it's a real tight fit.
I didn't remove the bumper cause I went with a Stage I but I will be removing the driver tire liner to access that area.

Quote:
Good luck!
Thank you so much for the heads up and advise Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Very cool that you are installing the kit on your own Enjoy the new power!
Thanks Nate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
This is going to be an epic thread. Congrats and good luck.

Cheers.

P.S. Get a real camera! iPhones should either come with a better camera or none at all.
I have a 7D but I didn't want to get it dirty ... I'll try and update this thread as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
Subscribed
Steve you should stop by next week to check it out.
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0