View Single Post
      04-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #28
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
why give you a break? Why not charge a lot if people are willing to pay it? The biggest rip off parts for car are actually wheels. If you really think about it 5k for a set of forged wheels and tires is even more crazy. People here drop 4-6k in rims and dont even think about it. Granted if I had the cash I would do the same thing but you make it sound like Dinan is the only company selling overpriced items.

My Dinan exhaust runs about the same money as the Eisenmann yet I dont ever hear people compaing about the price of the Eisenmann like they do with Dinan why is this. I Know the eisenmann all shiny underneath and "look" nicer but Dinan does not "look" as good but the quality on both is top notch.

The other nice thing about Dinan is that they are truthfull about HP claims instead of lying like most comapnies about fake unproven gains. I have heard both exhaust and have the Dinan on my car and I really like the Eisenmann as well so this is nothing against them as I am just making a point. Basically all cosmetic mods are the biggest rip-off IMO. A CF engine cover for $500 that is more crazy that some Dinan performance parts IMO.

Plus, yeah it will be costly, because it is basically a new engine.
Appreciate 0