lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Lucid,

The GTR should be a screamer. Can't hardly wait for the first reviews. I was interested to see you are also looking at the ISF. What I find facinating about this car is Lexus is apparently saying they think it will be fuel efficient enough to avoid the gas guzzler tax. If so, what an achievement in this class. In addition, considering Lexus' customer care and build quality, cost of ownership should be the bargain of the class. Interestingly it is also going to sport the 8 speed automatic. Can't seem to get over the looks though. Speaking along the lines of what car to purchase and why. I am currently favouring the E90 M3, great all arounder, great drivetrain, practicality, likely priced very competitively and is manufactured from an ED friendly company. At this point, my second pick would be: 335, less an M but at much lower price, the real performace/$ bargain of the group. Third pick: Cayman S, give it DFI and it would definitely move up to a near tie with the M3. Porsche is the only car company I know that can make a car that doesn't need mods and be as comfortable on the track as it is a daily driver, which is no mean feat. I would consider a facelifted 997 with DFI but I don't know if can stomach the price bulge especially considering the Cayman's mid engine design is an inheritantly better handling design than the 997 - Love mid engine cars. Price points, performance, and practicality variables between these cars will play a major factor in my decision. For me, the positions of these cars seem to change fairly frequently. It begs the question, do I want a great all arounder with more practicality or one with a similar attributes but less performance that is priced to sell, or simply a true sports car with track prowess. Still not sure. Exciting times we live in.
The GTR will, without a doubt, be a solid performer. It'll probably eat up the M3 at the higher trim/engine level. I think the looks are just a bit over the top though. I included the ISF possibility just to be open-minded. To me, its looks are not over the top, but more like unusual if that makes sense. Although I don't question the superior handling of the Cayman S (or a used 911S for that matter), I am a bit concerned about the lack of a real back seat. I don't know if either the GTR or the ISF will provide that either.
Appreciate 0