Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I agree on all your points. There's something about Jones, he just seems a whole lot stronger than any other LHW's he's fought. He doesn't necessarily have the one punch KO power but once he gets his hands on someone he throws them around like a ragdoll and has his way. I think once he gets you down, it's over. Also once he grapples, he finds a way to get you down or suplex you over his head. His stand up technique isn't the best in the division but so far he's been able to use his reach effectively. If something lands, it's almost always the beginning of the end though. Shogun said he never recovered from the opening knee JJ landed and it was a battle to survive, not win. I'm not sure how Rashad is going to be able to pull it off. I think he's played the months leading up to the fight really really well, he's definitely inside JJ's head but sometimes that can backfire. Fighting an angry JJ can be worse than fighting a calm, calculated and methodical one. I know when AS fights he always seems to coast, taking his time and picking the right moment to KO you. When he gets angry he's actually trying to take your head off.
yea, Jones has a huge size and leverage advantage over just about everyone. Rashad only real chance is to fight and smart fight, keep moving and time his takedowns and control Jones on the ground, which we haven't seen anyone come close to doing

whats scary about Jones is whats gonna happen when his striking does come together and become fluid. As much as people think he's dominant now, wait 2-3 years but thats going to be at HW IMO. Like you said, Rashad is his only real contender at LHW. if he gets passed him, i think he will clear out the division by the end of this year
Appreciate 0