View Single Post
      08-20-2021, 05:10 PM   #1
Luther_S
Registered
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3

Cylinder 1 Misfire...swaptronics not helping...

What's up guys,

My first post. I have been lurking this forum for the past 3 years, but not super vocal when I don't feel I have good info. That being said I have what I feel is a solid question.

I went to a highly recommended repair shop specializing in European vehicles. Lot is flooded with BMW/Audi/Porsche/etc, and lots of good reviews. Anyways:

TA's were ready so I had them swap new ones in. when they finished they went to fire it up and it wouldn't start. fuse was popping. Cylinder misfire 1. and the usual other codes. popped a COP in and fired right up. also did plugs and oil at that time. 2 weeks later. same code. goes into limp mode. I can get it to just say emissions error if I drive for a bit then restart. seems to do ok at speed/+2000 rpms. wait for it to cool and same thing. bring it back. they swap coil on 1 and 2. I guess 2 was burnt and smelled like it. ok cool. pop a new coil on 2 and it fires right up. take it for a test drive and call it done. I get there to pick it up and it goes into limp mode AGAIN. they scan and it's Cyl 1 misfire AGAIN. before I got there I also told them to check Header Gasket because I've been reading things here. He says it looks good. swaps injectors and does a compression test and everything is good there...but still misfire on 1. I have them doing the O2 sensor on that side, and both if it works. He's talking about going to the DME after this!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Only thing I've done to the car so far is wheels, so no mods yet, not even an intake. can you guys come up with any other issues?!! appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0