07-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #117
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_K_AZ View Post
UUC Corsa with its noise neutralization technology
It's 'resonance' or drone reduction INSIDE the cabin; it has nothing to do how it sounds outside. And Dinan and AA are the only other 2 systems I know that also have resonance reduction. Oh, and the BMW performance system, of course.

I like how Dinan sounds the best, but I just couldn't live with how cheaply made it looks, without proper tips (it's just painted tubing), and to a lesser degree, with a fake tip. Corsa also has a single outlet, but they chose the better option of a 'Y' end, rather than a fake one. Corsa looks better made, much better quality, and tips are nice, but hangs down horribly. Even painted black it'd still look weird IMO. But out of those 2, I'd opt for Corsa all day long. And it's significantly cheaper too. I've been trying to get my stock exhaust modified, but nobody wanted to do it locally. So might be 'forced' to put a Corsa . Still thinking about it. It sounds almost as good as Dinan (some folks like it better), so both are a wash. And neither drones noticeably. Decisions, decisions.
Appreciate 0