06-20-2018, 08:46 PM   #21
iwant335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
I have a friend that had an SMG M6 (don't remember the year). Absolutely epic. He did end up offloading the car because the car just had "too much stuff." It seems like every time he hopped in the thing, one of the fancy electronic bits went wrong (he had the displeasure of losing the function of his active seats).

So naturally he replaced it with an older Ferrari (because that's cheaper to maintain, right?)

We know the S65 is the baby brother of the S85. People complain of reliability of the S85 (even though I think the reliability should be more focused on the creature features) and point the same sized finger at the S65 because of blood relation. I've owned a lot of different cars. I can't find a better, more exotic (oh listen to that thing scream up top) ride for the cash that's, wait for it........RELIABLE. Albeit, I did change my rod bearings out of internet fear. But this thing just doesn't have problems.

As a side note, I did see an early M6 6MT sell on BaT recently. $30k? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-bmw-m6-11/

Yep. I am aiming at 25-30k. I mean you can find ones for 20k even lower but I am afraid of the history of a car like that. I am looking for first maximum second owner.
Appreciate 0