View Single Post
      01-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #53
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdRacerTO View Post
Simple. G37 has rear seats. I can speak to this as I recently flipped my G37S 6mt for my M3. I was in a different financial situation and the car seemed like a good choice at the time. My observations of the car, over the 6 months I owned it (which should tell you something) are as follows :
Not a bad interior, with a better nav/in-dash system than my CCC iDrive (not that that's saying all that much)
Engine was OK actually... Sure, it was a bit rough, but pretty torquey and flexible. I started to enjoy the exhaust note as well.
Handling... Not wonderful. Nose heavy, pushed in corners, but could be provoked into oversteer fairly easily.
On the track I managed to hit limp-mode in under 3 minutes. Not impressed. As I understand this is not unfamiliar territory for this engine even in a 370Z.
Brakes were good, but I expected more from the big monobloc calipers.
I shopped the G37 coupe and sedan prior to picking my 2nd Evo. The sedan was a good car and I liked it but a bit big. The coupe was slower and my head could not clear the ceiling unless I was almost laying down in the front driver seat. I drove the 350Z and it was easily 2x faster and felt a ton more responsive accelerating and cornering than either car. The Evo was a lot faster than any of these cars and offered 4 doors so that won out in the end.

The G37 sedan would be a great family car but the coupe really had no justification unless you wanted a cruiser that looked cool but had no guts.
Appreciate 0