03-05-2024, 11:29 PM   #7
a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Bean View Post
I’ve been looking for intakes to improve s65 induction noise, and went with a BMC filter. It got the job done, but I was still entertaining other options short of going for a carbon plenum. I was on the fence about going for a dinan CAI, so I bought a Dinan CF elbow to see if changing from the plastic elbow generates any more sound. I like the cosmetics of the dinan intake a lot too. After putting the elbow on, I didn’t notice any additional noise. Thanks to Amazon, I just returned it.
It’s worth noting that the full dinan CAI kit has a larger diameter filter outlet, so I could be missing out. Anyone know if a full CAI is louder than just a filter?
I tried looking for just an elbow that works with the factory style filter. Can you share a link or Part #? I'll look again but I swear I kept seeing the whole CAI only which requires their specific filter.

EDIT: Is it D760-0024? I don't know why I couldn't find this last time. Anyway, so seems this alone won't add much noise in addition to an aftermarket filter. I got the aFe filter myself.

Last edited by a5m; 03-05-2024 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0