02-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #23
Serious
1M advocate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 S4. 2011 M3. 2012 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
I dont miss mine, but it was a fun car for a little while. Space and shitty quality eventually begin to be annoying.
I can still drive one any time I am home at my parents place as my mom still has her 06 IB over black M roadster.
Its def has its place within BMW and is one of BMWs better designs. I dont think id ever want to own one again though.

As for trading in...it makes sense if you only want one car.
I'm pretty sure you and I have nearly completely opposite opinions of almost every car LOL. The ones you seem to like I don't and vis-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
I don't regret getting rid of my Z4M Coupe either. The quality/ fit & finish was terrible. The panels did not line up and the doors were slightly off. It was assembled in the US after all....

The M3 is assembled in Munich and the fit & finish is first rate. The doors are not crooked and the panels actually line up!
hummm I wouldn't say it's the best built car bmw has ever produced by a long shot (not that any of the bmw's past the e36 have been built properly anyways) but my car doesn't seem to exhibit those kids of build quality issues. /shrug