04-30-2016, 07:28 PM   #10
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
Thanks. No way will I risk my novice skills on my M3, not till I have done this a few times on my other cars. This is for my black Acura TL which has quite a few swirl marks and some holograms. I was planning on using the orange pad but undecided on the compound. I don't have the patience or the time (2 toddlers) for doing multiple stages so was looking to do a single stage trying to decide between the VSS scratch and swirl remover and the V36. Any suggestions?
Haha I cannot imagine free time with 2 toddlers. While I like the Torq polishers for the money, I would skip their V line (UNLESS you can get one of those combo deals on sale for the same price as just the polisher itself, they do that from time to time). I would recommend HD Speed with either a blue or white pad. Blue if you dont have that many swirls, white if you have a normal amount of swirls. Dont do orange if you only plan on doing I go around, since it won't leave a good finish. You definitely cant go wrong with HD Speed and a White pad, then follow up every 6-12 months with a blue pad.
Appreciate 0