View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #88
1BMW335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
Honestly, if anyone is getting closer to overtaking BMW, it's Mercedes-Benz. Audi still has a ways to go, I think. Still, nothing drives like a BMW....for now.
MB vs. BMW badge wars - The fight over luxury brand recognition. BMW going softer and is trying to appeal more towards luxury while continuing to raise its prices to win status against MB.

Audi is doing the right thing by making its higher engine models into S lines and giving its owners a little something more, but not going all out similar to BMW's M or MB's AMG line. They have limited production RS models to compete, but //M and AMG are mostly status symbols. Big ass coupes, sedans, suv's, and cross-overs with ridiculous performance specs.

I don't understand it when I see people drive a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Range Rover Sport HSE, X6M, X5M, S/E/G/M class AMG's, M / AMG verts ... it's like saying, I own one because I can afford to and I want to show you that I can. If you're going to own a sports car, get a proper one. Get a nice SUV on the side for utility.
Appreciate 0